If we don't acknowledge the events that trigger our negative emotions we are doomed to repeat the lack of production that followed them.
Have you ever gotten really angry, sad, lonely or depressed and then there is a period of time that goes by where you don't produce anything? Most likely you stopped serving your own passions and chose to focus on the needs of others for a while. How long did that last? Was it a couple days? A couple weeks? A couple years? Your whole life?
7 years ago I was fired twice within a 60 day period. THAT TRIGGER led to a depression that cost me 3 years of my life. 3 FRIKKIN' YEARS!!! During that time I pretended to be growing myself. During that period I pretended to do the business that ultimately changed our family's lives. During that period I lost myself in lies that reduced my comfort zone down to almost nothing. THAT 3 YEARS ALMOST COST ME THE REST OF MY LIFE.
I am so grateful for my wife Angela devoting herself to her own growth. I am so grateful that I was looking for proof that I could get myself back on top again. When Angela began showing signs of becoming the amazing person she is today I took notice and the thing that needed to happen finally did.
I GOT TIRED OF BEING WHERE I WAS. My tolerance for my fears keeping me where I was had reached it's end.
I went to work on myself and got myself to a place where the man I was before I was fired would be jealous of the man I am today. Although I am grateful for that transformation in my life I must look back and find the lesson. The lesson is critical so that I can handle things like this better in the future AND I can help others be better at it too.
WHAT WAS THE TRIGGER?
I got fired twice
WHAT WAS THE STORY I TOLD?
I am not valuable
HOW DID I ACT WHEN I THOUGHT IT WAS TRUE?
I stopped challenging myself because there was no point anymore.
HOW DID IT EFFECT MY FAMILY AND THE PEOPLE AROUND ME?
They could no longer count on me when times got hard.
What should your takeaway be for this?
The moment you notice you are angry, sad, lonely, depressed or any other negative emotion.... just stop and ask these questions. GET CLEAR about what's happening in your mind and how it's effecting your actions. THEN DO THE WORK!
Sometimes the people we love OR social media creates "TRIGGERS". WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW where I break down my daughters trigger this morning AND how a post I did on FACEBOOK triggered people who commented.
WHAT ARE YOU GETTING FROM THIS? Share in the comments below.
MY DAILY ACTIVITY
I have never been good at evaluating myself...
Typically I avoid it as much as possible. I didn't really even know that I avoided it until I started this blog. I realized that in order to make this relevant for other people I had to do a weekly "check in" AND make it easy for others to be able to follow.
WHAT I LEARNED IS AMAZING
I learned that although I am good at being clear about what I want I am getting dramatically better. It's thanks to you. YOU who reads my blog. YOU. On this blog I get reports every time someone clicks on the site. That has pushed me harder than ANY COACH could ever push me. I care what you think. It may be a character flaw but I am going to use it to grow myself. To be of value to you, my family, my amazing wife and myself. For that I am so very grateful for you. Every time you click on this blog you push me to be more. From the bottom of my heart...
THIS WEEKS ASSESMENT
1. Two intermittent fasts that went from 8pm - 2pm the next day. Also staying on plan 95% of my meals
2. Prayer in the morning and looking at my goals first thing every morning.
3. Taking breaks together with Angela during the day
4. Talking about the business with everyone. The opportunity always gets mentioned for those who qualify.
What's NOT working?
1. Taking breaks from "On Plan" eating due to emotional decisions after 5pm most nights.
2. Getting out of bed after 6:30am. I need to get up at 5:30 to be able to get my mindset work in on time.
3. Not making sure 2 Date Nights are scheduled. If one doesn't happen the other will
4. Not doing more specific business trainings and personally inviting people interested to watch.
Strategy to improve
1. Use Cypress on my forearms and Meditation at 4pm to help make better decisions with eating at the end of the day. Cut my business day off at 5pm NO MATTER WHAT to have more energy on Thursday-Saturday.
2. Start meditation by 6:30am and complete my morning routine before 7am.
3. Schedule two date nights with Angela this week. Take Brooklyn out to the movies while her siblings are all out at camps for the week.
4. Schedule a presentation on the business and the opportunity of the remaining 4 positions on Saturday morning at 9am MST. Invite 20 people to that presentation that are interested in hearing about it to see if they qualify.
My feelings about this week
It's a weird one. I want to be excited about the fact that we filled a spot for our business but I feel like I dropped the ball with the most important things in my life. My mind and my family. Although after my knee has improved and my weight loss is moving forward again I feel pretty positive about it all. I want MONT 2 to blow out month 1. I am going to do it one day at a time.
HERE WE GO!
MY DAILY ACTIVITY
I know this sounds like an obvious statement but it goes a bit deeper.
When I was first starting to do videos on FB and Periscope I relied on my past to dictate if I could do what was required to be an influence at the level I wanted to. I know that makes no real sense. The truth is that I was setting out to do something I had never done before. What would looking into my past do to help me?
What I looked for was proof that I could be consistent. That was it. Have you ever looked back into your past and found proof that you could be consistent at anything? YIKES!
This is why past failures (or perceived failures) suck so bad! It's like the thing that keeps on taking my power away. In her book THE 5 SECOND RULE Mel Robbins says, "What we focus on magnifies". This is true because our emotions are never satisfied with a simple evaluation of the way things actually are.
What's awesome about this is that this can be used to get me moving forward taking action (which is all that we need) instead of holding me back.
WATCH THIS SHORT VIDEO and you will see what I mean and HOW TO DO IT!
SHARE YOUR ANSWERS TO THE QUESTIONS IN THE COMMENTS!
MY DAILY ACTIVITY
BELIEVE IT OR NOT BUT WE ARE THE ONLY REAL ENEMY WHEN IT COMES TO OUR SUCCESS...
What's important to know about "Limiting Beliefs" is...
...that there is an internal thermostat that we created. It decides how much success, love and a abundance we are willing to allow into our lives. This means that everything we have ever allowed into our lives was allowed to be there by us!
Some limiting beliefs are obvious and we typically ignore them. Thoughts like, "I'm not good enough" or "I'm not smart enough" or "I'm not skinny enough" etc etc.
These are dangerous when they go un investigated. This is why most people will never grow beyond where they are. They just refuse to even admit they think these thoughts. So they hide them in a closet and pretend they don't exist which means they try to grow from a fantasy about why they think they are. (Read my blog on the STORIES WE TELL OURSELVES to see how to do a true investigation into these beliefs)
As bad as those limiting beliefs are when they get ignored they are nothing compared to the even more dangerous limiting beliefs. THE ONES WE ARE PROUD OF AND EVEN TELL PEOPLE CONSTANTLY!
These limiting beliefs are typically in the form of LABELS. "I am an introvert", "I'm a perfectionist", "I'm a people pleaser" or "I suck at time management" etc etc.
They are not only limiting beliefs but we have also created an identity around it. What makes it REALLY DANGEROUS is that to let go of these limits we have HAPPILY PLACED ON OURSELVES would be to let go of our identity. This is extremely difficult to do because it would mean we would have to become something different. We would have to become uncomfortable in order to release the limits we have placed on ourselves.
This is why we are the REAL ENEMY when it comes to our success.
WATCH MY AMAZING WIFE ANGELA VILLA TALK ABOUT THIS HONESTLY
WHAT DID YOU TAKE AWAY FROM THIS?
1. 228 lbs by August 31st
2. A 95% in Spirituality
3. A 95% in Relationships with Kids and Marriage
4. Presidential Diamond by December 2017. NEED 5 qualified people who want $1500/mo
1. 248 (I rolled backwards... CRAP!)
2. 95% in spirituality (YES!)
3. A 95% in Relationships with kids and marriage (I'M KILLING IT HERE!)
4. Still need 5 more people who want to build a business with us. These spots are precious and so far we haven't found someone who qualifies.
2. Prayer every day. Starting with gratitude for what I have been given and asking for what I want because I can't do it all myself.
3. Challenging myself daily to spend time with each of my kids and making sure DATE NIGHT is ALWAYS ADDED TO THE CALENDAR! (All caps means Passion right?)
4. Having 40 people in our business pushing for 90 days with me and doing weekly calls where they can connect on a regular basis. I love meeting with my team every week. THEY ARE AWESOME!
What's NOT working?
2. Staying committed to getting my daily journaling and posting it in the BLOG
3. Telling stories about my kids that aren't conducive to being a patient father. When I get impatient with them it can be perceived as putting them down and not having in pride in how amazing they really are.
4. Getting stressed about not being able to help people when they just aren't ready for the abundance that comes with this business. I often want it for them more then they do.
Strategy to improve
2. Committing to getting my daily journaling in before the kids wake up in the morning at 7am.
3. Schedule in one on one time with each of my kids based on who needs it at that time. Keep the block of time empty to allow flexibility with choosing how and with who I will spend time with. I am also going to set a goal to find out what each of my kids really wants for themselves right now. What makes them smile.
4. Start doing a presentation on the business, how it works, what results they should expect (with our guidance), what kind of person I am looking for and how I am going to support them. THIS SATURDAY will be my first presentation so if you are reading this and are interested in this spot then follow my FB PAGE HERE to get updates.
MY FEELINGS ABOUT THIS WEEK
LET'S DO THIS!
MY DAILY ACTIVITY
What would happen if you spent 6 months of every year developing a new skill?
We spent time being CLEAR about what we wanted. We learned from people who knew how to do it and we practiced EVERY DAY! We didn't tell the story that we didn't have enough time. We didn't tell the story that we couldn't do it. WE DIDN'T TELL STORIES!
At some point in our lives we have to realize that what we have been doing isn't getting us where we really want to be. It's amazing how fast we are really capable of growing in a short amount of time.
We have been podcasting our journey for the last 4 years because I KNEW what we were doing was extraordinary. I also knew that people needed to hear that this was not impossible. ANYONE who s clear about what they really want can do what we do because we have perfected how to teach it.
If you haven't heard our audio podcast then give this episode a listen where Angela and I go through the evolution of her own personal skill development.
WHAT DO YOU WANT?
WHAT SKILLS DO YOU WANT TO DEVELOP TO GET IT?
WHAT STORIES ARE YOU TELLING YOURSELF THAT DO NOT HELP YOU DO THE WORK REQUIRED?
MY EXHAUSTING DAILY ACTIVITY
5 Day Challenge
90 Day Push
Avoid Overwhelming Feelings
Building A Business
Create A Social Media Following
Healing The Body
How To Become An Entrepreneur
Men Don't Express Emotions
My Painful Doctor Visit
My Painful Male Experience
Overcome Limiting Beliefs
Presidential Diamond Plan
Preventative Health Practice
Small Actions Consistently Done
Tell The Truth To Grow
Eddie Villa is a determined, uplifting, often obsessive and strong developing Network Marketing professional thanks to the success his wife Angela Villa had with dōTERRA. Meaning, it wasn't where he had originally thought his career in Property Management would lead him.
After finally joining his wife in building their business together they hit Diamond and within 1 year he had also started a very successful coaching business. Growing others has always been Eddie's passion and he has a very unconditional desire to serve anyone who wants help. His unique ability to share the truth, be real and raw at speaking events and unlimited energy inspires others to take action.
Personally enrolling 100 more people into his dōTERRA business and achieving Presidential Diamond is his biggest goal. He looks forward to buying an RV and traveling the countryside while homeschooling his 6 children.